Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Two weeks after...

I wrote a post a week or so back detailing the accident that nearly cost me a finger. After long reflection, I decided to not post is because it was:
  1. too long
  2. even after numerous revisions it didn't make sense (with or without pain medication.)

Here is the Cliff notes version:
At work, working, reacted incorrectly to a perceived danger and dropped power tool on hand, finger nearly completely severed, finger re-attached and healing nicely.

Even though the injury affected only a finger, the outpouring of sympathy & support has been tremendous. Most of my friends have reacted as I wished they would, with good natured barbs and well-aimed insults. The folks that I work with have razor sharp wits and are trained to use them well. I appreciate the names that have been foisted on me with great humor:
  • Rick Sawbree
  • Ricky Danglefinger
  • Ricky Bandsawhands
  • Stubby
  • Lefty
  • Sole survivor of the great TMMK bandsaw massacre
  • Ricky Stumpbree
  • FarFromFinger.

Folks and friends around the homestead have also been supportive in a more refined and dignified way. I can assure you that no matter the response, it is appreciated.

You folks are great and I am a better person for having known you. I only hope that I can repay a portion of your kindness.

Maybe later I will post pictures...

and then again, maybe not.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Yeah! Yeah! Pictures!!